Penbro Kelnick (Pty) Ltd
Duties & Responsibilities
Perform large transformer winding and welding activities for given projects.
The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Winding – Use winding machine to wind wire coils for Large Magnetics; Attach, alter and trim materials such as wire, insulation, and coils, using hand tools; Cut, strip and bend wire leads at ends of coils, using necessary equipment
- Prepare – Use hands / tools; Prepare parts and components for winding; Gathering parts, tools, and materials
- Ensure transformers are produced according to specification, to the correct quality standard and on time
- Welding – Weld components using manual or semi-automatic welding equipment in various positions (vertical, horizontal, or overhead); Test and inspect welded surfaces and structure to discover flaws
- Prepare – Read technical drawings; Take measurements to plan layout; Determine the appropriate welding equipment or method based on requirements; Set up components for welding according to specifications; Align components using callipers, rulers etc. and clamp pieces
- Ensure welding projects are produced according to specification, to the correct quality standard and on time
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Grade 12 or equivalent winding experience
- Welding certification
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours/nightshift
To apply for this job please visit www.pnet.co.za.