- Due to working directive, this vacancy is only suitable only for those over 18’s
- Please only apply if you can supply references (professional/educational) continuous for the past 5 years to gain an Airside Airport Security Pass
- You must also consent to a Criminal Record Check
Right now, at our travel stores, we’ve got a permanent, weekend, and part-time sales assistant roles so, wherever life’s journey is taking you at the moment, we’ve got the role to suit. Like the world we serve, we’re a big company—and we’re just as big on opportunity. With a global company like us, there’s no telling how far you could go.
Benefits to working with us!
- Subsidized lunch/discounted meal deal.
- Staff discount in store and up to 50% off in our High street stores.
- Pension scheme.
- Childcare vouchers through Kidsunlimited.
- Sharesave scheme after the qualifying period.
- Discounts at other retailers/cinemas/holidays via Salary-extras.
- Discounted airport parking.
- Discounts at other airport outlets.
You may know we operate on the high street, in rail and bus stations, airports, hospitals, universities and workplaces. But you may be surprised to learn we’ve been around since 1792 and have over 14,000 employees across the globe. We’re continually growing by putting our customers at the heart of all we do and we grow our people too. At WHSmith, there are No Limits to where your career can go!
What you’ll do
As a Sales Assistant, you’ll get our customers’ journey off to the best start, no matter where they’re flying to. Nothing’s too much effort. You’ll consistently make sure they have a positive experience. Whether you’re the friendly face on one of our tills, answering queries on the shop floor – sharing your product knowledge, or ensuring our displays are always as they should be, stocking shelves so everything’s easy to find. No matter what you’re doing, you’ll pull together with your teammates so that our customers want to keep coming back.
Who we’re looking for
Perhaps surprisingly, what you don’t need is bags of retail or customer service experience. We’re looking for people who have a real desire to learn and to make our customers happy! You’ll need to be a great listener, good to talk to, and naturally helpful. The rest will come. And if you want to get on, we’ll positively encourage you. As a Sales Assistant, there’s nothing stopping you from becoming a future Store Manager or working in one of our Head Offices!
What’s in it for you
Join WHSmith and not only can you expect a warm welcome from your team, but this could be the start of a whole new career! Our airport stores are very fast-paced and you never know who you might get to impress – from visiting WHSmith Board members to traveling celebrities.
We’d love you to grow with us, so you’ll have access to lots of training via our Retail Academy, and we’ll help you gain a nationally recognized qualification! Our aim is to give you the skills you need to help you fulfil your potential.