- Computer Science Degree or equivalent experience
- A relevant diploma in a Graphic or Web Design will be highly advantageous
- Relevant short course advantageous
- Custom WordPress Theme and Plugin development experience
- Experience with the following frameworks would be advantageous: ReactJS / VueJS, GatsbyJS, Bootstrap / Tailwind CSS
- Good understanding of development principles such as MVC, OOP
- Experience integrating with 3rd party APIs
- Comfortable using Command-Line interface (CLI) and various tools and processors such as, NPM, Git, Sass, Composer, Webpack / Gulp
- Experience using WordPress Page Builders such as Elementor or Divi
- Excellent understanding of Responsive UX / UI Design
- Solid understanding of SEO development principles and best practices
- Experience with Google Tag manager and Analytics integration and customization
- Willingness to learn and constantly staying up to date on the latest technologies and best practices
- Proficiency in design software such as Adobe Illustrator, Adobe XD, Photoshop etc.
The main purpose of this position:
We are looking for an all-around Web Developer to manage the various websites our client has. You will be working across a diverse range of business units. The successful applicant will be responsible for creating great websites for our clients diverse brands.
The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and artful web design and will be able to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and artefacts. They will be able to transform them into intuitive and functional designs.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Creating website designs
- Testing and improving the design of the website
- Establishing design guidelines, standards, and best practices.
- Maintaining the appearance of websites by enforcing content standards.
- Designing visual imagery for websites and ensuring that they are in line with branding for clients.
- Communicating design ideas using user flows, process flows, site maps, and wireframes.
- Incorporating functionalities and features into websites.
- Designing sample pages including colours and fonts.
- Preparing design plans and presenting the website structure.
- Keeping up to date with recent technological and software developments
- Digital retouching and image editing
- Working as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Creating detailed wireframes
Skills & Attributes:
- Attention to detail
- Analytical skills
- Creative and open to new ideas
- Adaptable and willing to learn new techniques
- Excellent communication skills
- Clear health record
- Clear criminal record
- Clear credit record
- Contactable references
To apply for this job please visit www.pnet.co.za.