Francis Clark LLP
Summer Placement Student
Full Job Description
In a nutshell: You’ll spend 6 weeks on our summer program where you will gain real insight into a career in Accountancy by experiencing a range of client work.
What you’ll be doing day to day
If you want to find out what it feels like to work for a company that prides itself on your development and supports your study to become a Chartered Accountant then, PKF Francis Clark is the place to be.
No two days will be the same. During the placement you will have the opportunity to experience some or all of the following:
- Preparing financial statements for limited companies, partnerships, and sole traders
- Auditing financial statements as part of an audit team
- Preparing analysis of accounting data from client’s books and records
- Helping to prepare individual, business, and company tax computations and returns
- Assisting with the research of businesses or sectors
- Shadowing the financial planning team in their work
We are looking for undergraduates in their penultimate year of study who are interested in our 6-week summer programme.
If you are interested in a career in Accountancy and would like to find out more and experience what it is like to be an accountant first hand, our summer placement could be for you!
You will be:
- A team player with an interest in the profession
- Self-motivated and able to prioritise workloads and meet deadlines
- Able to demonstrate initiative
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office (i.e. Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Comfortable working with figures and understand the significance of calculations
- Analytical and methodical in your approach to work and willing to ask questions when unsure
- Predicted a 2.2 degree or above in any degree discipline
- Grade 4 or C or above in Maths and English at GCSE level or equivalent
To apply for this job please visit uk.indeed.com.