Duties & Responsibilities
To support the Operations Executive. The Engineer shall continuously work on the improvement of service quality, rationalization of services, efficiencies and effectiveness of maintenance strategies and repairs, manage the operations employees, budget etc.
- Operations planning and monitoring.
- Maintenance planning and monitoring.
- Long range maintenance planning, capital replacement planning.
- Disaster recovery concept planning and management.
- Optimisation of plant and operation.
- Continuous optimisation.
- Energy Management, Energy saving proposals.
- Evaluation of equipment status.
- Adjustment of operation and maintenance strategy according condition of equipment, to meet SLA with the technologies, to meet value preservation rate of the client.
- Optimisation of material management, spare part management.
- Planning of operation and staff according the complexity of buildings and user demands.
- Develop proposals for improvement (service, organisation, processes, modification of systems, etc.)
- Consulting to client`s FM team.
- Ongoing quality management (internal audits to verify service quality and other contractual obligations, correctness of invoicing according contract and pricing concept).
- Ensure and document operational know how and experience on plant and equipment.
- Root cause analysis of failures, reoccurring incidents, etc.
- Creation of transparency of service delivery at each site.
- Creation and documentation of job specifications, risk assessments, method statements and measurable delivery standards.
- Creation of work plans, workflows, staffing and schedules according to the quality management system of the client ISO 9001 and OHSAS 18001.
- Ensuring compliance with all applicable statutory requirements, legislation and site operating procedures.
- Management of sub-contractors process to ensure compliance with all applicable statutory requirements, legislation and site operating procedures.
- Attend meetings.
- Ensure at any given time that information requested from any of our customers is submitted by their required date unless otherwise agreed to.
- Perform job/PDMS evaluations on each team member at least once in each quarter. 3 Monthly
- Populate and submit the monthly report
- Complete performance contracts, reviews and marking as per the dates stipulated by Bidvest.
- Take the necessary disciplinary action against employees who don’t adhere to Bidvest’s policies and procedures.
- Develop, implement and drive a maintenance engineering approach through optimisation and innovation which adds value to the customer through the reduction of costs, higher efficiency levels and market leading practices.
- Assessment and training of employee’s with a view of defining and addressing the learning and development gaps.
- Recruit, select and retain talent that builds on diversity as a strength.
- Entrenchment of the RITCH Values within the team.
- Development, planning and implementation of re-commissioning initiatives.
- Lead and inspire employees with a mindset to facilitate the development of skills within the contract.
Desired Experience & Qualification
- B Technical degree/Bsc Engineering Degree (Electrical) with good commercial knowledge
- GCC – Government Certificate of Competency- will be an advantage
- Grade 12
- At least 5 years’ experience working with similar systems.
- Appropriate competence for the role.
- Proven staff management skills.
- Ability to deliver precise and concise reports.
- Good knowledge of monitoring and operating equipment in a production environment.
- Working in a production environment
- MS Office
- In depth OHSA and Environmental knowledge
- Performing HIRA’s
- First Aid Training
- Functional/ Technical skills
- Customer/Client Focus
- Oral Communication
- Result Orientated
- People Development
- Planning/Objective Setting
- Personal Impact/ Persuasiveness
- Stress tolerance
- Motivating others
- Problem Analysis
- Team work
- Initiative/ Proactivity
- Willingness to take on additional work with a can do attitude
- Guiding and utilising resources
- Relationship building
- High level of personal motivation
- Well presented
To apply for this job please visit www.pnet.co.za.