Full Job Description
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced sales professional with a strong track record in the IT industry. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of
5 years of experience in sales, with a focus on procurement and tenders. In this role, you will be responsible for identifying and cultivating new business opportunities with potential clients in the government, education, and other sectors that frequently issue tenders for IT products and services. You will work with technical staff to develop accurate and competitive bids and proposals, and negotiate prices and contracts with clients. You will also be responsible for registering products, following up on inventory in all branches, and searching for new customers. Excellent communication skills and the ability to work with suppliers and shipping companies to follow up on the goods are essential. A degree in sales, marketing, commerce, or a related field would be advantageous.
- Identify and cultivate new business opportunities with potential clients in the government, education, and other sectors that frequently issue tenders for IT products and services.
- Understand the procurement process and requirements of different clients, including the submission of bids and proposals.
- Work with technical staff to develop accurate and competitive bids and proposals for IT products and services.
- Communicate with clients to understand their needs and requirements and provide customized solutions.
- Negotiate prices and contracts with clients.
- Track and follow up on the status of bids and proposals.
- Monitor market trends and keep up-to-date on the latest products and services available in the IT industry.
- Maintain a client database and manage client relationships.
- Meet or exceed sales targets and objectives.
- Provide ongoing support and account management for clients.
- Attend trade shows and industry events to network with potential clients and stay up-to-date on the latest industry developments.
- Collaborate with internal teams, including technical staff, to ensure that bids and proposals accurately reflect the capabilities and capacity of the company.
- Prepare reports and presentations for clients and internal teams as needed.
- Manage the entire sales cycle, from initial client engagement to the final close of the sale.
- Assist with the development and implementation of sales strategies and plans.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key decision makers and influencers within client organizations.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of sales processes and tools.
- Participate in sales training and professional development opportunities.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of sales activity, including bids and proposals, client interactions, and sales results.
- Respond to requests for information and quotes from clients in a timely and professional manner.
- Work with the marketing team to develop promotional materials and marketing campaigns to support sales efforts.
- Collaborate with the customer service team to ensure that clients receive excellent service before, during, and after the sale.
- Utilize a customer relationship management (CRM) system to manage and track sales activity and client interactions.
- Attend meetings with clients and internal teams as needed.
- Monitor and analyze market trends to identify new business opportunities and areas for growth.
- Participate in the development of product and service offerings to meet the needs of clients in the government and education sectors.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of a positive company image and reputation.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures related to sales and client interactions.
- Greet customers.
- Help customers find items in the store.
- Check for stock at other branches or order requested stock for customers.
- Provide customers with information about items.
- Ring up purchases.
- Elevate complaints to management.
- Keep track of inventory.
- Registering products and following up inventory in all branches, searching for new customers.
- 5 years experience in sales department.
- Experience in dealing with tenders.
- Communicate with suppliers and shipping companies in order to follow up on the goods.
- A degree in sales, marketing, commerce or a related field would be advantageous.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Flexible work hours.
- Basic mathematic skills.
- Prior experience in retail.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Motivation to work through busy shifts.
To apply for this job please visit om.indeed.com.