Petrofac is looking to recruit a Senior Engineer Quality based in Muscat, Oman.
What we do
Petrofac is a respected international service provider to the energy industry, with a diverse client portfolio including many of the world’s energy companies.
We design, build, manage and maintain infrastructure for the energy industries. Our comprehensive and tailored service offering covers each stage of the project life cycle and a variety of commercial models, giving our clients the flexibility, they need.
Diversity & Inclusion
We recruit, reward, and develop our people based on merit regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, or disability. Petrofac is striving to develop a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can contribute. Applications are also welcomed from candidates who want to discuss flexible working or job-sharing requests.
Main Purpose of the role:
- Manage quality induction and quality awareness programs. Share Quality alerts with the team.
- Facilitate Mandatory PDO trainings for employees and maintain training records.
- Manage quality information system. Submitting weekly updates on Quality issues and conducting meetings for resolution.
- Maintaining Contract specific KPIs and doing follow ups for timely submission of contract KPI inputs.
- Conducting Engineering spot checks. Carry out internal and external audits. Maintain NCR and observation log. Participate in RCA and corrective action process. Follow up for NCR closeout actions.
- Project QMS implementation.
- Preparing project specific procedures. Review of Engineering deliverables like MR, TBE, Datasheets, Drawings, etc. Reviewing vendor offers and providing TQ’s.
- Interpret multi-discipline engineering and quality requirements and provides technical guidance as required.
- Support projects and proposals in identifying project specific quality requirements and establishing comprehensive, yet cost effective project quality system including resources, project quality plans, project procedures, audit schedule etc.
- Gather best practices and lessons learned from completed/on-going projects and ensure that corporate quality assurance system documents are improved incorporating them from time to time.
- Assess quality tools and techniques available in the market including systems and procedures of Clients and competitors for their suitability for adoption as best practices.
- Ensures availability of model Project Quality Plans and component documents based on major client requirements.
- Carry out assessment of Supplier/Sub-contractor quality systems as part of pre-qualification and developing a comprehensive Supplier/Sub-contractor monitoring system based on risks associated with their quality performance.
- Provide quality assurance support to the project during execution. Monitor project quality information and interfere to control and deviations to the project quality system.
- Direct and conduct activities designed to prevent errors or other deficiencies in the planning and management of the Project.
- Knowledge and application of international codes and standards including PDO SPs, DEPs, PRs, GUs, etc.
Skills and Experience:
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering with 10-15 years of relevant experience.
- Auditing experience and certifications in relevant functional discipline is preferred.
- Should have experience in oil & gas/petrochemical industry.
- Should have previously worked with a major EPC contractors.
- Preferably having PDO project experience.
To apply for this job please visit om.indeed.com.