Solid State Pharma
Full Job Description
Solid State Pharma Inc. (SSPI) is a pharmaceutical research company focusing on crystallization engineering and solid-state science. SSPI is the partner to pharmaceutical and natural product companies to bring value through understanding the solid state of the drug candidates, extending the patent life of the drug and also developing crystallization processes that will lead to optimal physical properties, morphology and particle size distribution through crystallization engineering.
Supercritical fluids are novel solvents for processing of pharmaceuticals due to their green nature and ability to produce sub-micron particles in a single processing step. The main goal of the research is to investigate the impact of process parameters such as pressure, temperature, and cosolvent on co-crystallization of a model API (active pharmaceutical ingredient) and co-former in supercritical carbon dioxide. The research is experimental, involving operation of a high-pressure reactor and potentially some solid-state characterization with possibility of publication.
- Performing experiments using a high-pressure reactor and characterizing the resulting solids using applicable instruments, i.e. XRPD, DSC, etc.
- Performing solubility measurement of solids in solvents
- Record all the results in accordance with SSPI best practices
- Write high quality weekly and final reports in accordance with SSPI best practices
- Routinely present project results to supervisor
- Follow the safety rules and housekeeping principles to maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Knowledge about Microsoft Office is a must (Excel)
- Be willing to work in a fast-paced lab environment and conduct experimental work
- Wet chemistry experience (weighing, pipetting, safe handling of common chemicals) is preferred
- Familiarity or experience with techniques such as XRPD, DSC, or microscopy is a plus
- Must have completed at least 4 semesters in Experimental Science or Engineering
- Minimum cumulative GPA of B
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.