Field Service Engineer
Rolls-Royce Solutions Middle East is a subsidiary of Rolls-Royce Power Systems. We provide pioneering, integrated solutions for the marine and infrastructure sectors and focus on digitalization and electrification, playing an innovative key role at the forefront of the energy transition. Our core business is supplying and maintaining diesel and gas engines and power systems for shipping, energy generation, construction, and data center applications within the Middle East.
An exciting opportunity is open in our office in Oman and we are looking for a:
Field Service Engineer – fulltime
In the role of Field Service Engineer you are able to have a good overview of complex, highly accurate control systems for our engines. Together with a multidisciplinary team of engineers, you play a crucial role in getting these systems to the required performance, by understanding the controls of such systems and looking for the best solutions within those boundaries.
- Provide technical support to internal and external stakeholders during the life cycle of products and solutions delivered or serviced by RRPS.
- Perform maintenance and repairs on all MTU branded and DDC engines, electronic/ electrical control systems and gen-sets to the required RRPS standards. Ensure reliability of all repairs and maintenance works.
- Train, guide and transfer technical knowledge to local technicians and engineers during site visits and repairs.
- Ensure 100% customer satisfaction with job performance & through positive interactions with customers.
- Answer technical queries and support entire area of responsibility in a swift and competent manner.
- Prepare and establish technical reports and notes during shop and field jobs required in report preparation.
- Contact and coordinate required action within the internal organization to resolve technical tasks.
- Swiftly respond to all technical queries
- Record and report all executed works accurately as well as used parts/ consumables for invoicing purposes
- Enter all data in SAP and close jobs for invoicing review
- Take ownership of all technical support cases and follow through until conclusion to ensure customer satisfaction
- Support in providing data for failure and root cause analysis.
- Use & maintain shop & field tools in accordance with technical work practices.
- Conform with & abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures & instructions
- Conform to all HSE rules and use of all appropriate safety equipment.
- Represent RRPS in the most professional way and be able to take decisions while in the field.
- Other tasks as assigned by manager.
Qualification/ Experience and Competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- 3-5 years experience in a similar role with a Multinational Company.
- Must have experience or has product knowledge on MTU engines/systems
- Ability to prepare and interpret report with decision-making and problem solving skills
- Knowledgeable in MS office for report preparation.
- Being knowledgeable in SAP is good to have.
- No visa restrictions for GCC / MENA region as well as EU countries is good to have.
- Good English knowledge (oral and written)
What we offer
- A salary that is in line with market practice and excellent working conditions & trainings;
- Profit-sharing scheme;
- Laptop and mobile phone;
- School allowance for the children;
- Home country airfare allowance;
- Visa sponsorship;
- A well-established international organization with wide development opportunities.
More about us
Our core values unite us and are at the heart of everything that we do. We are trusted to deliver excellence. We act with integrity. We operate safely.
Our behaviors are shown in our business; We embrace agility. We are bold. We pursue collaboration. And we always seek simplicity.
Rolls-Royce Power Systems has its headquarters in Friedrichshafen, Germany. We are over 10,000 people worldwide. Under the MTU brand, we develop and produce high-speed engines and propulsion systems for ships and heavy land, rail and defense vehicles, as well as drive systems for use in the oil and gas industry and in power generation.
Our aim is to make diesel engines even cleaner and smarter. With our Green and High-Tech program, we provide forward-looking answers to the growing challenges of the mobility and energy transition focusing on electrified drive systems as well as alternative fuels and energy sources.
To apply for this job please visit om.indeed.com.