- Assist with Installs, maintains and repairs piping of all kinds for water, gas, storm, waste, soil and vent systems. Sets, maintains and repairs plumbing fixtures, equipment and appurtenances.
- When necessary, assist with determining and providing job materials while work is in progress.
- Note: Assignments will be made throughout the five boroughs
After receiving a conditional offer of employment from NYCHA, an applicant for employment must provide proof of having received at least one dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine within a reasonable period of time. Failure by the applicant to provide NYCHA with proof of having received at least one dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine will result in NYCHA revoking the conditional offer, unless the applicant obtains an exception through the reasonable accommodation process.
Any person who begins their employment with NYCHA after providing proof of having received only one dose in a 2-dose series of a COVID-19 vaccine, will also be required to provide NYCHA with proof of receipt of a second dose within 30 days of the first dose. Failure to do so will result in termination.
Please read this posting carefully to make certain you meet the minimum qualification requirements before applying to this position.
Minimum Qual Requirements
2. Not less than one year of experience as described in “1” above plus sufficient plumbing training of a relevant nature acquired in an approved trade school, technical school or vocational high school to make up the equivalent of three years of acceptable plumber’s helper or apprentice plumber experience. The apprenticeship must be recognized by the New York State Department of Labor, the U.S. Department of Labor or any apprenticeship council which is recognized by the U.S. Department of Labor. The schooling must be approved by a state’s Department of Education or a recognized accrediting organization. Each year of approved, relevant training is equivalent to six months of full-time satisfactory plumber’s helper or apprentice plumber experience, up to a maximum of two years of satisfactory experience.
- NYCHA employees: This position is open as a promotional opportunity only. It is not open a direct transfer (lateral) basis.
- NYCHA employees: Preference will be given to employees who have served a period of one year in their current title and level (if applicable).
- NYCHA residents are encouraged to apply.
Public Svc Loan Forgiveness
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.