Full Job Description
Serving a customer base across seven provinces, our advanced solutions include Internet, Mobile, TV, Telephone, Security and Automation, Data Communications and exclusive locally produced programming on Eastlink Community TV. We embrace diversity, inclusion, equity and accessibility throughout all levels of the organization and encourage members of equity groups to self-identify during the application process.
The Technical Specialist is responsible for a wide range of duties related to Eastlink’s Data and Wireless Mobility networks. The candidate is responsible for the monitoring and coordination efforts required to maintain the health of these networks. The role is directly responsible to Eastlink’s, internal support and management groups as well as dedicated data customers. Leadership and communication skills that compliment strong technical troubleshooting skillsets are required. Common duties also include:
- Network monitoring
- MPLS / High Speed Internet (Core and Access layer)
- Wireless Mobility
- CATV plant
- Ticket based communications
- Front line data customer support
- Change Management – Network maintenance coordination
- Support group coordination. (Tiered support and Field Operations)
- Simulcast broadcast duties
- Escalation procedures.
- Professional Communications – Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Two year accredited Data Networking certificate
- LAN/WAN Network support experience an asset
- CCNP or CCNA Cisco certification preferred
- Strong analytical trouble shooting skills
- Familiarity with routing & switching networks
- Strong organizational skills and able to multi-task
- Proficient in MS Word & Excel
- Ability to work in 7-24 shift environment
Why Choose Eastlink?
Eastlink operates in a culture of continuous improvement through listening, learning and adapting, which enables us to respond quickly to the evolving needs of both employees and customers. We recognize that our truly greatest competitive edge is our people and that delivering a great customer experience begins with a great employee experience. Our philosophy of developing and training our team “on the ground” not only helps to create a strong onboarding experience but also readies employees for future growth opportunities within the organization.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.