Full Job Description
- Airport Security Officer
- Based at Manchester Airport
Permanent, Annualised Hours
PART TIME (31 Hours)
£12.88 per hour which includes a 22.5% shift allowance
Are you a people person with a passion for delivering great service? Do you have a flexible approach to working hours? Do you seek to fly high in a critical yet rewarding role at the Airport and have excellent attention to detail?
Taking on one of the most vital roles in the airport, you will ensure that all passengers have a safe and enjoyable journey.
Join the Security Team with the biggest Airport Operator in the UK and enjoy a wealth of benefits and development opportunities.
MAG is the country’s largest Airport group. We own and operate Manchester, London Stansted and East Midlands Airports along with MAG USA.
We are proud to be a diverse employer, and we welcome candidates from all backgrounds, particularly female candidates for this role.
About the role:
As our passenger numbers are increasing, we are seeking pro-active, focused and motivated individuals to join our Security Team. Duties will include but are not limited to;
- Conducting hand searches of cabin luggage and passengers.
- Body searching (pat-downs) of passengers
- Operating high-tech security equipment such as X-Ray machines and body scanners.
- Patrolling our terminals.
- Checking of staff ID cards and passenger boarding cards before entering the security area.
- Greeting guests to ensure they receive the very best service
No prior security experience is required as we pride ourselves in offering full training, however you do need to be able to;
- Communicate directly and clearly to both colleagues and passengers
- Show experience in a previous customer service-based role
- Demonstrate exceptional customer service at all times
- Be enthusiastic, pro-active and have an excellent attention to detail
- Be able to work both individually and with other members of the team
- Be successful in carrying out multitasking duties
- Have colour perfect vision
- Have resided continually in the UK for the last 3 years to be able to obtain Counter Terrorism Clearance.
Please note the role will require long periods of standing, bending, walking and manual handling
If you’re successful you will be made a conditional offer subject to Pre-Employment checks and passing your initial 4-week training course which is a maximum of 4 weeks paid accordingly.
Our checks include: A Criminal Record Check, 5 years employment history and Counter Terrorism Check. You will also be required to attend a face-to-face medical appointment.
Due to the nature of our security checks. we are unable to consider any applications from candidates who have not lived in the UK for the last 3 years.
You will work an average of 31 hours per week – Annualised Hours Contract.
We offer a permanent annualized hours contract which means you are paid for 31 hours a week. However, at peak times you may be required to work additional hours or at quieter times you may be required to work less than 31 hours a week –
This does not affect your salary which is paid consistently at 31 Hours per week.
You will need to be flexible to work on a 24/7 operation which will include night shifts, early mornings (Earliest start time from 03:00 am) weekends, and bank holidays. Varied shift pattern.
As a MAG employee, you will have access to some great benefits including;
- Free on-site parking whilst on duty
- Free Airport parking when you go on holiday (subject to availability and pre-booking)
- Access to our reward portal with discounts and savings
- 24-hour Employee Assistance Programme
- On-site discounts and heavily discounted staff shop
- MAG Pension scheme which doubles your contribution
- Discounts on tram and train travel to work
- Discounts on MAG products such as Escape Lounges and holiday parking at our Airports
- Fantastic career development opportunities
- Full uniform provided in the training
How do I apply?
Please submit your up-to-date CV and complete the online application form.
For current MAG employees applying for this role, applications will only be accepted through Colleague Self Service (CSS) – please follow this link: www.manchesterairport.co.uk/sf
Advert will close once sufficient applications are received
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £12.88 per hour
- Free Parking
- On-site parking
- Sick pay
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus scheme
- Yearly bonus
To apply for this job please visit uk.indeed.com.