Renardet S.A. & Partners
Road/Airport Design Engineer
ROAD/AIRPORT DESIGN ENGINEER
Renardet is seeking to employ an Airport Design Engineer with previous experience in the GCC region. It is anticipated that the applicant will have at least 15 years total experience in the field of airport design particularly in runway and taxiway including pavement of roads. The requirements of the position are as follows:
- the preparation of master plans, pavement design and detailed engineering documents and cost estimates; study and advise on airport construction, including the evaluation of contract bids, the evaluation of materials and general work supervision to ensure conformity with plans and specifications;
- study and advise on airport operations, including the establishment of preventive maintenance programs for drainage systems, pavements, visual aids and buildings, the inspection of facilities and the implementation of corrective measures as necessary.
- analyze survey reports, maps, blueprints and other data.
- collect and test soil samples to determine the strength of soil used for a foundation.
- review government standards and ensure that construction is compliant with building codes, city ordinances and other government regulations.
- plans, prepares and/or supervises planning studies for improvements, redevelopment and expansion of the runway and taxiway, airport roadway systems, public parking facilities, ground transportation systems, surveillance systems including real estate and zoning problems.
- coordination of engineering activities with ministries and other involved parties.
- Degree in Engineering of similar qualification
- 15 years of professional experience in design of airports and similar facilities out of which at least 5 years while working in designated role in the GCC countries.
- Proficient in relevant design software
- Report writing
- A team player with the ability to establish good working relationships with clients, line management and project teams and traffic engineer colleagues.
- Good technical, analytical and organizational, skills.
- Ethical, professional with the ability to work under own initiative.
- Flexible approach to work and the ability to prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to make good judgments.
- Huet Airport Phase 1
To apply for this job please visit om.indeed.com.