DrSnip - The Vasectomy Clinic
Full Job Description
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
We are currently looking for a Staff Accountant to join our team. This is a newly created role that will report to the CEO. The Accountant will be entrusted with the clinic’s daily bookkeeping and with producing a clean set of financial statements each period (monthly, quarterly, annually).
The Accountant will also run various variance and operational analyses to identify efficiencies, cost savings, performance improvement, and an increased ROI. As the clinic grows, the Accountant will also be involved with due diligence analyses on acquisition targets and new location buildouts. This will include researching various local markets to understand demographic data and making recommendations to the CEO.
The role is well-suited for candidates looking to leverage their bookkeeping, accounting, and analytical skills in an independent clinic with deep funding and a mission-driven approach to healthcare. This role is a leadership position and requires the successful candidate to be organized, professional, and collaborative.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain records of financial transactions; post transactions; ensure proper supporting documentation.
- Help define and improve bookkeeping policies and procedures.
- Maintain all accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions. Balance subsidiary accounts by reconciling entries.
- Balances general ledger by preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries.
- Help maintain historical records by filing documents timely and accurately.
- Prepare financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying requirements; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing reports; advising management on needed actions.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Investigate variances between actual and expected results; help determine root cause issues.
- Performance operational analyses with the goal of improving efficiency and create cost-savings.
- Support the CEO and leadership team in completing various research and data analyses as required.
- Create deliverables for the CEO and leadership team, as needed.
- Assess the attractivity of new locations by scoring key metrics, including population demographics.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required. CGA or CMA designation preferred.
- At least 2 years accounting experience.
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills to communicate clearly, professionally, and directly.
- Working knowledge of GAAP.
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills.
- Be resourceful, a self-starter, and entrepreneurial.
- Highly organized with good problem-solving and time management skills.
- General computer savviness, including a strong comfort with MS Office Suite (particularly MS Excel and PowerPoint), and Google Suite.
- Capable of completing independent research projects and compiling deliverables.
- Superior problem-solving skills; capable of making decisions with imperfect information.
HOURS, SCHEDULE, COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- This is a permanent position.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.