Full Job Description
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Canada Operations Ltd. is currently seeking Engineering Interns, working out of the Winnipeg, MB location. These internships are 4 or 8-month opportunities working on day shift.
Interns are exposed to on-the-job challenges as they work on hands-on tasks, undergo training, and have the opportunity to work on special projects.
- Assists in developing models, data bases and spreadsheets to analyze data (e.g., statistics, operations research, engineering economics) and provides summary analysis and metrics for consultation to customers (e.g., management, departments, suppliers).
- Applies general engineering techniques and concepts to product and process design teams throughout all phases of product lifecycle resulting in a robust product design and work statement that meets program requirements.
- Assists in research, design, development, improvement and implementation of processes to enhance schedule performance, lower cost and improve quality through the application of Lean and other Engineering concepts for large scale systems integration and asset utilization.
- Utilizes engineering methods (e.g., mathematical models, simulation, statistics) to support the development of optimal process designs and efficient utilization of resources (e.g., facilities, personnel, materials, equipment) in the creation and validation of products.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Must be legally able to work in Canada
- Must be enrolled as a full-time student with an accredited university or college.
- Must have knowledge of Microsoft office products Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Word.
- Must have strong written and oral communication skill.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Prefer previous internship knowledge.
- knowledge working with model-based software is considered an asset.
- knowledge and knowledge of aerospace structures and/or composite materials would be beneficial.
- Hands-on knowledge with tools would be considered an asset.
- knowledge working with Microsoft Access would be considered an asset.
- knowledge in the use of CATIA or equivalent 3D Modelling software
- Graduates are ineligible unless continuing in post graduate studies.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.