Nicola Valley Institute of Technology
Full Job Description
NVIT anticipates a need for one full-time, ongoing IT Technician at the Merritt Campus and invites applications from qualified candidates. This will be a support staff position commencing as soon as the suitable candidate is available.
Under the direction of the Director, Information Technology, the IT Technician will support the operation of IT Services and serve as staff and student support along with installation and support of the server-side technical environment.
This includes operational support in student and instructional labs, the installation and repair of staff and student workstations, printers, telephones, data projectors, security cameras, video-conference equipment, and other related equipment.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- End-User Operational support in student and instructional labs
- Installation and repair of workstations, printers, projectors, security cameras, video-conference equipment and other related equipment
- Switch and Wi-Fi Lan network, Firewalls and VPN based remote network support.
Perform all other duties and tasks as assigned
- The incumbent works in a work environment with a mix of reactive support requests and proactive maintenance and projects.
- The incumbent must be able to work in different shifts during the week and to work on the weekends to support the environment during projects or operational maintenance.
- This position will require frequent moving around to classrooms, boardrooms, and offices to support staff and faculty
- Class 5 Driver’s License and be willing to travel between campuses when necessary
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.