Hero Home Care
Health Care Assistant
Full Job Description
Hero Home Care is looking for Health Care Assistants to join our team of Heroes and help improve the lives of seniors in our community! As a Health Care Assistant you will work one-on-one with seniors in their homes helping promote independence and allowing them the choice to live life on their own terms.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assisting clients with personal hygiene and getting dressed/grooming.
- Providing companionship and emotional support
- Observing and reporting on changes in the health or status of the clients
- Preparing food and feeding clients
- Assisting clients with rehabilitative exercises
- Administering medication reminders to clients
- Preparing for client visits by regularly reviewing Care Plans and communicating with fellow caregivers and Care Managers
- Registry number with the BC Care Aide Registry/Care Aide Diploma
- Ability to work on the North Shore and Vancouver
- Criminal Background Check with Vulnerable Sector Search (paid for by Hero Home Care!)
- Ability to travel independently to client homes
- Communication skills, both written and verbal at high school graduate level
- Passionate about caring for seniors
- Self-led and enjoy working independently
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients, fellow caregivers, and our Care Managers over email, phone, and through our Hero Home Care app
- A skill for identifying and solving problems with effective and lasting solutions
- Driver’s license and access to vehicle considered an asset
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.