Vedanta Zinc International
SENIOR PRODUCTION GEOLOGIST
At Vedanta Zinc International we are committed to building a world-class Zinc complex driven and led by the best-in-class human capital. We believe that human capital is our core strength and has been critical in delivering our rapid growth. We currently have a staff complement of approximately 2700 directly and indirectly, with a strong focus on the employment and career advancement of women in the workplace as well as elevating our internal talent to enhanced roles.
Vedanta Zinc International is a grouping of Zinc assets located in South Africa and Namibia, owned by the 6th largest Diversified Resources
Company in the world, Vedanta Limited.
We are the largest integrated Zinc operation in Africa, with a vision to be a globally renowned brand in the base metals sector. Vedanta is a $30bn revenue and $10bn in profit organization and further plans to invest $20bn in 4-5 years’ time in the expansion of their brown
field and some green field capacity of Oil & Gas, renewable energy, display glass, semi-conductor, mining and smelting.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Annual Resource evaluation in accordance with the JORC code.
- Geological modelling and grade control model estimation using Leapfrog and Vulcan.
- Produce Longhole shapes/ best ore fit according to budget schedule.
- Brown-fields exploration and orebody definition drilling of underground areas to delineate the orebody ahead of mining.
- Monthly reports on grade control, drilling, and ore reconciliation through statistical data analysis.
- Working with Long Term Planning to optimise the ore body and maximise recovery regarding scheduling and mine planning.
- Supervise and motivate the underground Geological Team through Senior Grade Control Geologist to maximise production effectiveness while ensuring compliance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Assessments of Compliance on underground grade control geologists regarding standards and safe work practices.
- Organising and running weekly meetings to forecast weekly production and metal targets.
- Daily feed grade reconciliation to Plant, Blending Strategy Compliance, Run of Mine (ROM) stockpiles and ore classification by metallurgical characteristics of ore to improve metal recovery.
- Setting up a Monthly Blending Strategy to forecast weekly and monthly production and metal targets.
- Dilution Planning and reconciliation of dilution data in Longhole and Crown Pillar extraction areas.
- Oversee Projects of Junior Geologists to aid in business improvement.
- Annual performance appraisal, coaching and mentoring of junior geologists.
- Continuous improvement of safety and production.
- Quarterly update of cut-off grades of at-mine values based on the latest market and economic evaluations.
Desired Experience & Qualification
- BSc Honours degree in Geology coupled with a minimum of 8 years experience in production geology of underground mines, preferably experience in metamorphosed sulphide deposits.
- Understanding of safety practices and standards as well as their implementation.
- Ability to function well under time and pressure constraints.
- 3D ability to understand geological structures with competence in MS Office, Maptek Vulcan, and Leapfrog.
- Analytical and numerical ability coupled with a results and performance orientation.
- Fluent in English and report writing ability.
- Ability to supervise a multi-disciplined team and display strong communication skills.
- Must be able to obtain a Certificate of Medical Fitness.
To apply for this job please visit www.pnet.co.za.