IT Support Technician (Fluent in French and English)
Full Job Description
Pearson VUE has been a pioneer in the computer-based testing industry for decades, delivering more than 15 million certification and licensure exams annually in every industry from academia and admissions to IT and healthcare. We are the global leaders in developing and delivering high-stakes exams via the world’s most comprehensive network of nearly 20,000 Test Centres in 180 countries. Our leadership in the assessment industry is a result of our collaborative partnerships with a broad range of clients, from leading technology firms to government and regulatory agencies.
Pearson VUE is regularly featured on the Forbes list of Best Employers and we are recognized in the Best Employers for Diversity awards. We are proud to offer an exceptional environment to develop your professional career and we are now hiring an IT Support Technician to join our successful team in Salford Quays, Manchester office. Pearson VUE is a business of Pearson, the world’s leading learning company with global reach and market-leading businesses. Pearson is listed on both the London and New York stock exchanges (UK: PSON; NYSE: PSO).
- IT Support Technician (Fluent in French and English)
- Based in Salford Quays, Manchester UK
- Flexible working from home and office available
- Permanent & full-time working 37.5 hours per week
- Salary of £25,300 (language bonus included)
- Working week: Monday – Friday (08:30 – 16:30)
At Pearson VUE we have an exciting opportunity for an IT Support Technician (fluent in French & English) to join our successful IT Support Team and provide first-class customer service for our global clients. Each one of our clients is unique, therefore you will treat every customer as a valued individual. You will work in a skilled, multi-lingual team of passionate colleagues where you will report to the Team Manager and support your customers by telephone, chat, and remote-access tools. You will ensure that you fully understand their inquiry, listen to their needs, and ask questions to troubleshoot any faults and provide effective solutions.
You will deliver an exceptional technical service to customers from our network of global Exam Centres, assessment venues and education organisations, often at times when customers are due to complete important exams. Therefore, you will be expected to prioritise tasks effectively and work with a sense of urgency, taking ownership of customer issues until they are resolved.
It will be your responsibility to provide support and guidance on the installation of testing systems and software remotely. You will also assist with upgrading or implementing new applications. Your role will involve documenting and recording customer updates and outcomes using our CRM logging systems. Your regular working days will be Monday to Friday 8.30am – 5pm. You will be required to work one Saturday every four weeks for which you will receive time off in lieu.
Our Successful Candidate
This is a career-changing opportunity therefore we are looking for a passionate team-player with excellent customer service skills. It would be an advantage to have an IT-related Degree or professional IT work experience. You should be confident with Windows operating systems, a good knowledge of networking configuration and troubleshooting, along with supporting customers with software remotely.
Take your IT Support expertise to a new level – we have many interesting and dynamic projects to look forward to therefore now is the ideal time to join us for a highly rewarding and truly global career at Pearson VUE!
Your Reward & Benefits
We’ll expect a lot and we know you’ll do great work, so we give a lot back with some of the best benefits in the business. We know that one size doesn’t fit all, so our workplace programs meet the different needs of our diverse teams and their families too. There is a range of options, too many to list here, but when you join our Pearson VUE family you can look forward to:
- Work from home through COVID-19 restrictions.
- A starting holiday of 25 days plus UK public holidays.
- Generous pension scheme where we match and double what you contribute.
- Maternity, paternity, and family care leave as well as flexible work policies.
- Stock/share purchase options.
- Healthcare and dental plans, and an employee wellbeing assistance programme for you and your family to help balance work, family and personal life.
- Cycle to work program, Gym membership concessions in selected office locations, along with retail and leisure discounts.
Qualifications & Skills
- Excellent knowledge and experience in a customer focus environment
- At least two years in a similar role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to actively demonstrate a logical and analytical approach to problem solving
- Effective time management
- Excellent conflict management skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience and support of Microsoft Server/workstation operating systems and office applications
- Experience with supporting software applications via telephone and using remote tools
- Experience of supporting LAN/WAN connectivity related issues
- General knowledge of networking configurations and troubleshooting
- Quick learner and ability to adapt to new systems and operating environments
- Desirable Experience and Qualifications
- Qualification in ITIL or similar
- Qualifications from Helpdesk Institute
- Active Directory support
- Demonstrated documentation and training skills
- Utilisation of helpdesk tools (e.g. SalesForce)
Our Recruitment Process
Please complete and submit your application as soon as possible and ensure that you apply directly on our Pearson Careers website only.
We are reviewing applications regularly and interviews are being scheduled now, therefore we encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible. Wishing you success with your application!
Learning is the most powerful force for change in the world. More than 20,000 Pearson employees deliver our products and services in nearly 200 countries, all working towards a common purpose – to help everyone achieve their potential through learning. We do that by providing high-quality, digital content and learning experiences, as well as assessments and qualifications that help people build their skills and grow with the world around them.
We are the world’s leading learning company. Learn more at Pearson believes that wherever learning flourishes, so do people. We are committed to being an anti-racist company in everything we do. We value the power of an inclusive culture and a strong sense of belonging.
We promote a culture where differences are embraced, opportunities are accessible, consideration and respect are the norms, and all individuals are supported in reaching their full potential. Through our talent, we believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant place to work. People are at the center, and we are committed to a sustainable environment and workplace where talent can learn, grow, and thrive.
Pearson is an equal opportunities employer. We do not discriminate against employees or job applicants and select the best person for each job based on relevant skills and experience.
We are also committed to building an accurate picture of the make-up of the workforce and encouraging equality and diversity.
To apply for this job please visit uk.indeed.com.