Palladium: Make It Possible
About Market Development Facility (MDF)
Market Development Facility is an Australian Government-funded multi-country initiative which promotes sustainable economic development, through higher incomes for women and men, in Sri Lanka, Fiji, Timor-Leste, Papua New Guinea, and Samoa.
MDF connect individuals, businesses, governments and NGOs with each other, and with markets at home and abroad. This enhances investment and coordination and allows partnerships to flourish, strengthening inclusive economic growth.
MDF is funded by the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT). It is implemented by Palladium in partnership with Swisscontact.
In Sri Lanka, MDF works in high-value agriculture, high-value tourism and fisheries sectors with cross-cutting investments to promote climate change mitigation and adaptation, access to finance and digital tools adoption.
In this unique role, you will interact with an array of representatives from business, civil society groups and the public sector, farming and fisher communities, economists and change-makers, Australian and New Zealand Government representatives, international experts, and colleagues across Asia Pacific.
Business Advisers In Our Teams Are
- Frequent travelers
- Immersive researchers
- Curious thinkers
- Dynamic negotiators
- Creative problem solvers, and
- Reflective learners
Primary Duties And Responsibilities
This position is ideal for early-career professionals with a passion to build an extensive network, knowledge base and professional profile to propel their career forward. The role entails:
- Meeting with a wide variety of public and private stakeholders, especially businesses, government officials, workers and farmers, to understand how the economy, sectors, markets and businesses in Sri Lanka function.
- This will include travel and fieldwork throughout the country.
- Developing a strong network of relationships with MDF partners and other collaborators and utilising this network to gather real-time business and market intelligence.
- Assisting with the creation of strategies that will allow MDF to address the constraints identified and achieve
- MDF’s pro-poor economic development objectives.
- Identifying opportunities in different markets that can improve business performance and increase climate resilience while being socially inclusive.
- Designing innovative activities in line with MDF’s strategies. This will include working with a wide mix of organisations, devising new business models, negotiating with prospective partners, and drafting concept notes and contracts.
- Monitoring the progress of activities, adjusting based on lessons, and identifying opportunities to scale up the best ideas.
- Working with communications staff to develop communications products related to MDF’s activities.
- Supporting various aspects of program administration, including contracting, budgeting, financial management, recruitment, etc.
- A degree in business, economics, agriculture, international development, business management or other related discipline and/or equivalent professional experience.
- Familiarity with issues affecting the local economy, business environment and international trends in business.
- Positive attitude and capacity to engage effectively with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Creativity and problem-solving skills.
- The ability to work well individually and as part of a team to demanding deadlines.
- Excellent command of the English language, both verbal and written. Spoken proficiency in either Sinhalese or Tamil language is also preferred.
- Willingness to travel extensively within the country to meet potential partners, conduct research and monitor activities.
By clicking the “Apply Now” button below, please submit your CV and a brief cover letter (no more than one page) outlining your suitability in line with the requirements of the position.
From the Talent Pool, suitable applicants will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until available positions are filled. Please submit your application as soon as possible.
This position is open to Sri Lankan nationals and permanent residents with authority to live and work in Sri Lanka. Rates of pay are based on local labour standards.
MDF is committed to creating a creative and diverse workforce. In addition to competitive pay and benefits, we offer internal and external learning and professional development opportunities.
The chosen candidate will be required to provide a police clearance certificate. Relevant education certificates may be requested as part of the recruitment process.
About Palladium –
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with governments, businesses, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing challenges. With a team of more than 3,000 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of over 35,000 experts, we help improve economies, societies and, most importantly, people’s lives.
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
Palladium is committed to embedding equity, diversity, and inclusion into everything we do. We welcome applications from all sections of society and actively encourage diversity to drive innovation, creativity, success and good practice. We positively welcome and seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce; and that all job applicants and employees receive equal and fair treatment regardless of their background or personal characteristics.
These include: (but are not limited to) socio-economic background, age, race, gender identity and expression, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, veteran, marital or Indigenous status.
We define Safeguarding as “the preventative action taken by Palladium to protect our people, clients and the communities we work with from harm”. We are committed to ensuring that all children and adults who come into contact with Palladium are treated with respect and are free from abuse. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced selection process including safeguarding-focused interviews and a rigorous due diligence process.
contact with Palladium are treated with respect and are free from abuse. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced selection process including safeguarding-focused interviews and a rigorous due diligence process.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.