About the Role
Finance Controller is a highly analytical, insightful individual responsible for overseeing all financial activities, including reporting on revenue, training accountants, budgeting, capital investments, managing cash flow, managing risk, establishing policies, and improving financial processes.
He/She will serve as the principal advisor for the CEO/Managing Director on strategies and tactics that will propel business growth and excellence while preserving the financial health of the company.
The company has a very successful chain of QSR restaurants with over 250 employees, it also has its own brand of retail sauces that goes out to major supermarkets across the GCC. Experience in QSR is essential.
- Return on Invested Capital
- Revenue Growth
- Net Operating Profit / EBITDA
- Cash Conversion Cycle
- Capital Investment
No. of Direct Reports – Accountants
- Business Partners
- Banks and/or Financial Institutions
- Business Service Providers (Auditors/ Law Firms etc.)
- Regulatory Bodies (VAT Filing, Corporate Tax)
- All Internal Departments including the team within
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Direct the financial strategic planning of the business units by evaluating their performance and potential risks.
- Manage financial reporting and general accounting operations in accordance with the regulatory, legal, and financial standards.
- Manage the company’s liquidity and cash flow position, optimize cash conversion cycle, streamline business processes, assure the most efficient cash flow management and the banking and borrowing arrangements.
- Monitor and control the budget performance and ensure that all financial variances are analyzed, sources are identified, and corrective plans are actioned.
- Influence and lead the budgeting process to deliver business plans focused on meeting the strategic objectives and future state of the business.
- Perform feasibility studies, costing and profitability analyses, and other financial analyses to support business expansion, portfolio optimization, new product launches, new business set-up and capital investment decisions.
- Monitor and control all data entry and information management in the MS Dynamics (ERP System) to ensure high levels of accuracy and diligence in managing financial reporting and business representation.
- Manage the implementation and control of business intelligence dashboards offering dynamic financial reporting that enables real-time, data-driven decisions.
- Collaborate with relevant stakeholders to identify and mitigate risks and opportunities associated with the commercial delivery/ execution of budgets.
- Build data-driven insights providing advice and guidance on performance management, investment decisions, and other value creation initiatives.
- Instill a high level of financial governance and control across the business and drive a process compliance mindset within the team to preserve business value.
- Assess, develop, and implement fit-for-purpose process improvements to maximize value creation.
- Foster a ROIC improvement culture that encompasses marketing investments, pricing decisions, product portfolio optimization, SKU management, and commercially driven capital expenditures.
- Lead effective collaboration and coordination with external stakeholders to drive governance, value creation and value preservation initiatives.
- Lead the accounting and finance team, implement digital best practices and train people to successfully manage change in the finance function.
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Management/ Finance or a related discipline or extensive experience as a Finance Manager.
- 10+ years of expertise in FMCG, Retail and/or F&B QSR business in a dynamic commercial finance environment.
- Experience in managing banking credit lines and financing arrangements and in digital transformation initiatives to automate workflows driving finance operations excellence.
- Proven ability to drive negotiations and exposure to contract negotiations and legal/regulatory affairs will be an added value.
- Certification in CPA/CIMA/CMA/ACCA preferred.
- Proven expertise in managing capital investments, setting up business operations and fostering
- collaborative relationships consistently with integrity and trust.
- Expert knowledge of accounting software, corporate principles, and financial analysis
Key Skills and Competencies
- Strategically minded with strong analytical, critical thinking, research, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong people management skills, including ability to manage conflicts and negotiations with diverse stakeholder base.
- Excellent communicator with exceptional interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Excellent Financial and Business Modelling skills.
- Proficient in MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and other reporting tools
To apply for this job please visit om.indeed.com.