Events Manager – AO Arena, Manchester
Full Job Description
To plan, manage and evaluate various events in order to meet the needs of AO Arena’s clients and customers, to fulfil the ASM Global’s safety policies and to maximise the profitability of events within budgetary constraints.
- Responsible for the co-ordination and supervision of all contract services involved in the development and staging of events in respect of Arena guests and client.
- To oversee the provision of a high-quality environment for various events be they music, comedy, sporting, corporate or any other events.
- To communicate with the client providing venue information regarding the event and resolve any problems to the satisfaction of the venue and the client.
- To manage all aspects of front and back of house during events as Duty Manager. The Duty Manager runs the show from prior to doors opening to the public and has all staff at their disposal (up to 500 people) The Duty Manager will be part of a team which has joint responsibility for the safety of up to 21,000 people per event (normally between 5,000 to 16,000) with other senior managers, stewards, and external agencies.
- To create resourcing plans for all events and ensure service partners and key stakeholders are proactively engaged.
- To produce event costings for upcoming events.
- To produce event information including logistical, health and safety, security and procedural information for internal and external agencies.
- To work with the Operations Team and the wider ASM Global community in ensuring that processes and procedures governing all aspects of events management are up to date, relevant and enacted.
- To undertake any other relevant duties as assigned.
Skills & Competencies required:
- The ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with partners and agencies – in this instance the local authority, event organisers, and other relevant internal and external agencies
- General computer literacy and the demonstrable ability to learn new programs and software applications
- The ability to problem-solve within very tight timeframes and to fixed deadlines, prioritising a full workload and effectively manage multiple priorities.
- The ability to assimilate all the relevant information in order to reach a decision often within a short space of timeA high level of skill in written and verbal communication
- A good working knowledge of health and safety issues and the ability to apply these to the events
- environment from both a working and public safety perspective
- An understanding of the budget process and the ability to control costs and income related to events
- A demonstrable ability to operate effectively with a team as well as working on own initiative.
- Experience in working within the Events Industry in a similar role
- Ability to use and interpret CAD software
- Knowledge and understanding of the Premises Licence as well as relevant local authority and industry regulations
- appreciation of the importance of leadership skills when managing a range of operational individuals for which you may not have direct line management responsibility
Due to the nature of the role you will be required to work week-ends, evenings and public holidays.
The role may involve physical labour tasks including manual handling as well as working at height.
To apply for this job please visit uk.indeed.com.