Full Job Description
JOIN OUR TRANSPORT TEAM
We have a newly opened hub based in Heywood, B6 Broadlands, Heywood Distribution Park.
Being a Driver at Covetous is more than just a ‘driving job’.
Our Drivers are the regular, friendly face of our customers. Our drivers play a significant role in maintaining a positive and reliable reputation for our organization.
What is it like to work here? Please see below and discover more about our benefits
- An open and welcoming culture where everyone is welcome
- Covetous Benefits Hub – As a Covetous employee, you have access to thousands of retail discounts
- Life Insurance – You can choose your beneficiaries
- Company Pension Scheme – Covetrus contribution to all employees is 5%
- Cycle To Work Scheme – Enjoy tax free cycling! Save up to 42% on a fantastic range of bikes, plus a huge choice of clothing and accessories
- Employee Assistance Program – This is a completely free and confidential service that provides support to our Covetrus employees. It can also provide support to partners and dependents over the age of 16 with family or relationship concerns
- Birthday Day Off – We believe everyone should be able to celebrate their special day!
- Eye Care Vouchers – Specsavers vouchers
Our hourly rate is £10.23 per hour, plus a shift allowance dependent on your start time. On top of your salary, there is also a Team Bonus.
Below is an outline of the general duties
- Login in to the telematics before commencing your daily duties.
- To make the deliveries in a timely manner and in accordance with delivery schedules issued to you by Management and when required obtain signatures for deliveries
- To uplift and return to your place of work any stock returns from customers, together with the relevant paperwork.
- Be presentable at all times and wear uniform and PPE provided.
- Carrying out daily vehicle checks and reporting any defects to your line manager.
- Complete mandatory training and attend hub meetings when required.
- Where adverse weather conditions (or other reason) prevent you from undertaking your normal delivery run, you may be requested to undertake another delivery run or work weekend overtime. You may also be requested to work in another department of the Company when you are unable to perform your normal deliveries.
- Experience of a customer facing role
- Positive interpersonal abilities
- Good attention to detail and reliability
- Full UK driving license
Covetrus is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit uk.indeed.com.