Civil Engineering Supervisor
Full Job Description
The Civil Engineering Supervisor is responsible for managing storage and maintenance activities for Bear order of Battle (BOB) and Civil Engineering (CE) equipment to include receipt, accountability, storage, inspection, maintenance, issue and reconstitution. Supervise CE workshops and facilities (e.g., power production electrical, refrigeration, fabrication shops etc.).
- Performs CSC Inspections on Containers as needed.
- Coordinates, Oversees and Monitor periodic inspections and maintenance services on assigned assets in the Bear Base Departments.
- Coordinates, Oversees and Monitor civil engineering and other equipment for exercises or actual deployments in the Bear Base Departments.
- In the absence of the Power Production Supervisor operates, maintains, troubleshoots and repairs power generation equipment and related power generation duties.
- Performs TDY within the area of operations as required.
- In coordination with the Bear Base Superintendent schedules and coordinates with the Work Control all shop work assignments.
- Responsibility as foreman of maintenance facilities and shops.
- Instructs and trains supervisory personnel in maintenance repair techniques, inspects their work performance, and documents training records. Conducts training on quality assurance, safety, Safety Data Sheets, security awareness and other subjects in accordance with appropriate plans.
- Inspects Hazardous Materials within the assigned work center and coordinates with the appropriate office for the disposal of HAZMAT when required.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Superintendent or Site Manager.
- As alternate Bear Base Superintendent, performs all duties of that position during the temporary absence of the incumbent listed below:
- Receives, manages, accounts for stores; inspects, and maintains equipment and assets.
- Stocks and maintains parts, tools and supplies to perform required work on assets, requisitioning additional tools and parts as needed.
- Responds to inquiries concerning storage and status of assigned equipment.
- Plans, develops and implements procedures for all Bear Base technical work.
- Coordinates the erection and construction of Bear Base assets to support real world exercises and contingencies.
- Evaluates employees work performance, resolve personnel related problems and initiate action to correct substandard performance by personnel and determine logistic support.
- Research assets/equipment discrepancies and identifies them to the customer.
- Reviews Standard Basis Supply System (SBSS), supply documents to verify status of parts.
- Reviews C49 to verify status of parts.
- Submits the local purchase supply documents to procure items such as test, and shop equipment, consumables etc.
- Reviews and inventories Organizational Equipment Listings (OEL) and Contract Data Requirement Lists (CDRL) for the department.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Works in normal office and maintenance shop or warehouse environment and may be required to work outdoors for extended periods.
- Must have outstanding customer service and organizational skills and be able to understand, speak, read and write English at an advanced level.
- Must be proficient in the use of personal computers and Windows Operating System and Microsoft Office to include as a minimum Power Point, Excel and Word programs.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret all technical data associated with Civil Engineering and BOB assets and related equipment required.
- Must be able to obtain CSC Certification.
- Must possess a valid home country driver’s license and ability to obtain host nation driver’s license.
- Will be required to operate material handling equipment.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Background in mechanical/electrical equipment maintenance required.
- Requires experience in the operations and maintenance of electrical power production equipment and associated equipment.
- 5 years experience with CE equipment and engineering workshop facilities required.
- 5 years experience in an equipment management or CE equipment supervisory position demonstrated understanding of Bear Base required.
- May be exposed to extreme noise from operating equipment.
- Will be required to wear proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) according to prescribed procedures and as required for task being performed.
- Physically capable of performing all required duties; capable of lifting/pushing/pulling minimum of 50 lbs. and performing extensive work handling/lifting equipment.
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally.
- Must have a U.S. Passport.
- Hands-on experience with BOB assets or similar Department of Defense Agencies Contingency Systems preferred.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
To apply for this job please visit om.indeed.com.