South Africa Zijin Platinum (Pty) Ltd
Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct Start of Shift Waiting Place Procedure i.e.: safety meetings and general communication to team.
- Perform risk assessments with a boilermaker and engineer (Activity Based and Mini) and PTOs in line with company safe operating procedures (SOPs).
- Pro-actively identify risk, variance to plan and discuss the impact thereof.
- Clean work areas and equipment after completing tasks.
- Ensure that workshop conditions are maintained to a high and acceptable standard.
- Ensure adherence to related legislation and company policies, procedures, and COP’s.
- Complete product by washing, cleaning, chiselling, grinding, and filling.
- Ensure best practices and safe maintenance practices are utilized on equipment.
- Manage labour stability:
- Achieve HDSA/Female targets for the Engineering Department.
- Interact well with employer, employees & Stakeholders.
- Positive, approachable and enforce discipline.
- Ensure that health and safety standards are always adhered to.
- Manage performance against set targets and competencies:
- Participate in routine workplace safety activities.
- Manage complexity at varying levels and adapt quickly to changes in job priorities.
- Identify deviations or non-conformances, plan and implementing corrective actions to ensure attainment of engineering plan.
- Inspect equipment and instruments to detect defects / malfunctioning and report to boilermaker and or Engineer accordingly.
- Manage labour stability:
- Work overtime and shifts as required.
- Control the utilisation of allocated resources.
- Engineering Management:
- Conduct general massive Engineering operations.
- Examine, bar, make safe and declare workplaces safe and healthy for work and maintenance.
- Strategic Planning:
- Assist with the compiling of the Engineering Strategic Plan (2-3) years as boilermaker.
- Tactical Planning:
- Ensure that the necessary safety precautions are taken before any task is performed on maintenance.
- Monitor and maintain a safe and healthy working environment in the workplace in decline.
- Test and monitor tools under direct supervision of qualified supervisor/manager.
- Be able to do lock out procedure on equipment.
- Take cognisance of and adhere to Company policies, procedures, and relevant legislation.
- Manage and report on non-compliance issues to Supervisor/Manager.
- Work within budget and avoid material wasting.
- Ensure no damages to equipment.
- Report any breakdown to Supervisor/Manager as soon as if happens.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships and an effective / sound communication system with the technical, engineering and Mining Function.
- Ensure equipment is clean and washed before use and check list filled up before operating.
- Report any discrepancies and/or damages to Supervisor/Manager.
- Any other responsibility that can be reasonably expected in this role / function.
- Grade 10 / Technical Trade specific N2 qualification or equivalent.
- Boilermaker Trade Certified Competent Certificate.
- Valid Driver’s Licence (Code 8).
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as Boilermaker / Boilermaker Assistant.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a mine / plant environment.
Knowledge & Skills:
- English: Fully Proficient.
- Sepedi: Fully Verbal – Advantageous.
- Fanakalo: Fully Verbal – Advantageous.
- Basic computer literacy.
- Report writing skill.
- Risk assessment skill.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Medically Fit to work in an Underground Mine.
To apply for this job please visit www.pnet.co.za.