Full Job Description
The right Waiter/Waitress uplifts the dining experience for customers. We are looking for someone who will have the patience, personality, and perseverance to thrive in this role.
Waiter/Waitress responsibilities include greeting and serving customers, providing detailed information on menus, multi-tasking various front-of-the-house duties and collecting the bill. If you can perform well in fast-paced environments, we’d like to meet you. To be a successful Waiter or Waitress, you should be polite with our customers and make sure they enjoy their meals. You should also be a team player and be able to effectively communicate with our Kitchen Staff to make sure orders are accurate and delivered promptly.
Waiter/Waitress duties require working in shifts and during weekends and holidays.
Ultimately, it is the duty of our Waiters/Waitresses to provide an excellent overall dining experience for our guests.
A Waiter/Waitress ensures a great dining experience for guests through attentiveness and excellent customer service. They provide detailed menu information and multi-task with various front-of-the-house duties, including collecting payment.
The duties and responsibilities of a Waiter/Waitress include welcoming and seating guests, taking guest orders, communicating them effectively to the kitchen and in addition, memorizing the menu and offering recommendations to upsell appetizers, desserts, or drinks.
A good Waiter/Waitress will have a friendly and patient personality. They must make quick decisions and have great interpersonal skills. Attention to detail and excellent multitasking skills are important.
Waiters/Waitresses frequently work with other servers and maintain positive interactions with guests daily. They can report to a Shift Leader or various levels of management depending on the dining outlet.
- Greet and escort customers to their tables
- Present menu and provide detailed information when asked (e.g. about portions, ingredients or potential food allergies)
- Should be aware of the QR codes and order taking procedure, he or she must be able to educate the guest the same
- Host or hostess Should have awareness about the allergens and allergies and must be able to educate the guest
- Prepare tables by setting up linens, silverware, and glasses
- Inform customers about the day’s specials
- Offer menu recommendations upon request
- Up-sell additional products when appropriate
- Take accurate food and drinks orders, using a POS ordering software, order slips
- Communicate order details to the Kitchen Staff
- Serve food and drink orders
- Check dishes and kitchenware for cleanliness and presentation and report any problems
- Arrange table settings and maintain a tidy dining area
- Deliver checks and collect bill payments
- Carry dirty plates, glasses, and silverware to kitchen for cleaning
- Meet with restaurant staff to review daily specials, changes on the menu and service specifications for reservations (e.g., parties)
- Follow all relevant health department regulations
- Provide excellent customer service to guests
- Liable to follow all the personal hygiene measures
- Liable to maintain a safe working atmosphere
- He or she should be obliged to adhere all the company policies and procedures
- Liable to maintain all legal procedures and to report any illegal practices witnessed
- Responsible for all inventories of Café, which includes the assets
- Responsible for the cleanliness of the workplace
Job Type: Full-time
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Abu Dhabi: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Waiter: 1 year (Preferred)
To apply for this job please visit ae.indeed.com.