- Stantec Abu Dhabi is looking to hire an Architectural Inspector to support the construction supervision of a Confidential Project. Candidates must have experience in Architectural and Interior backgrounds within buildings.
Key responsibilities include:
- Inspecting site conditions before the start of construction activities. Verifying the compatibility of the site with the designed permanent works. Checking for obstructions. Photograph and document the condition of an existing property that the work might damage.
- Reviewing materials delivered to site for conformance with approved samples, materials and equipment and report findings.
- Checking that materials delivered to site are appropriately stored and reporting discrepancies.
- Inspecting the construction of temporary and permanent works to ensure compliance with the Contract Documents and approved shop drawings and submittals.
- Preparing daily logs and reports. Maintain records of inspections made, tests performed, work executed, etc. Performing all work in accordance with the Contract Administration Procedures Manual.
- Observing site safety practices and the progress of the work. Reporting any concerns.
- Assisting with the inspection of completed works. Helping prepare punch lists. Monitoring the start-up, testing, commissioning and handover of the works.
- Assist in the review of Shop drawing and Material submittal related to Architectural and ID works
- Perform all other duties given by the direct manager.
- Five (5) years experience in a similar or equivalent position and job description.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant disciplines: Architecture or Architectural Engineering.
- Review of drawing related to ID
works and inspection on site
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of building construction, materials, systems and trade practices is required.
- Computer proficiency.
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Category: Architecture, Construction
We’re active members of the communities we serve. That’s why at Stantec, we design with community in mind. Now uniting approximately 22,000 employees, working in over 400 locations and across six continents, we collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring water and infrastructure projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction, and commissioning begins at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. With a heritage in water, we continue to safeguard and sustain lives, communities, and businesses worldwide.
Our local knowledge and relationships, coupled with our global expertise, qualify us to go anywhere to solve our clients’ challenges in more creative and personalized ways. With a long-term commitment to the people and places we serve, we have the unique ability to connect to projects on a personal level while advancing the quality of life in communities around the globe.
We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. If connecting across borders with some of the world’s top talent appeals to you, join us.
United Arab Emirates-Dubai
United Arab Emirates
To apply for this job please visit ae.indeed.com.