Eduvos is looking to hire the services of a Commerce Lecturer (Accounting) at our Tyger Valley campus.
Meaning of Euros
The word Eduvos comes from the concept of your education. The “Edu” part of Eduvos talks about education and taking custodianship and responsibility. The “Vos” part of Eduvos talks about you, yourself, and your best self. The combination of Edu and Vos talks about taking responsibility for your education and making the best choice for yourself. Your education is your future.
Scope and scale
Eduvos is one of South Africa’s largest independent private higher education institutions with 12 campuses across the country and many international students. Eduvos offers 21 degrees in humanities, arts, business, science, and law. To support the learning ladder of people seeking to enter degrees we also offer Higher Certificate and Pre-degree programmes that enable access to degree programmes.
Eduvos educational philosophy
Our educators believe in building skills for the future and enabling students to take up careers in a volatile, uncertain, chaotic, and ambiguous world. Our education is designed to create a deep understanding of an area, supporting skills development through practical application, and challenging thinking to allow for adaptation to new possibilities.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To lecture Commerce-related modules, specifically Financial Management, Financial Accounting and Bookkeeping, in the Commerce faculty on a full-time basis.
- To assist in the administration and departmental affairs and activities as required by the academic department.
Modules to be lectured:
- Financial Management
- Financial Accounting
- General administration
- Setting and marking of assessments
- Preparation of notes and additional study materials
- Quality Assurance
- Management of At-risk students
- Research supervision
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Relevant lecturing experience
- Necessary knowledge of higher education practices and processes
- Relevant research experience
Minimum qualifications required:
- BCom (Hons) Accounting or related Honours degree and/or SAIPA / SAICA / CIMA / ACCA member
- Master’s degree in related field will be preferable
To apply for this job please visit www.pnet.co.za.