Canadian Bank Note Company, Limited
Full Job Description
Canadian Bank Note Company is a global leader in the development of customized solutions for identification, border security, excise control, currency, and lottery operations. Our customers are domestic and foreign governments, and together we work to design, launch and support the technologically advanced secure documents and information systems that protect borders, safeguard national currencies, and generate revenue for government social initiatives.
What’s In It For You?
If you are looking to learn and grow your career in finance, this is a great place to start! We are looking for an Accounting Clerk to join our team of experienced Finance professionals. In this role you will play a key role in supporting the team by taking charge of our customer invoicing requirements in a professional and timely manner and support Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable as required. This position is an excellent way to get to know the company and would be an excellent stepping-stone for many other finance roles within CBN.
What Will You Do?
You’ll be responsible for processing all customer invoices on a timely basis and in accordance with company policy and procedures. You will also support Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable as needed. More specifically, you will:
- Track and execute customer invoicing for milestone contracts;
- Prepare timely invoices for customer shipments;
- Resolve billing issues, and generate credit notes when required;
- Liaise with Sales & Shipping departments and provide support to Financial staff regarding; invoicing and accounts receivable questions;
- Validate invoices to contractual billing terms;
- Familiarity with indirect tax rules an asset (HST, GST, PST etc);
- Perform other accounting duties as required.
What Will Help You Succeed?
Our ideal candidate will have a diploma or degree in Accounting or Finance, but we are open to those who have relevant professional experience in lieu of education. Beyond that, other things that will position you for success in the role are the following:
- Previous invoicing experience;
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (Excel and Word);
- Adobe Pro experience an asset
- Data-entry experience
- Excellent organization and time management skills;
- Bilingualism is an asset
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills;
- Attention to detail.
- The ability to obtain, and maintain, Government of Canada Secret (Level II) clearance.
- Ability to work in-person
People who enjoy variety and think beyond their job descriptions succeed here. As part of the team at CBN, your job is to take your career in new directions and be part of our customer’s success stories. So, if you’re looking for the chance to work for a global technology company, explore new opportunities, and deliver exceptional work to your customers, we want to hear from you!
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.